SOS team at the fundraising event held in Madison, Wisconsin. March, 2023.
Save Our Stomachs Mission is to build an endowment fund to support sustained Hereditary Diffuse Gastric Cancer syndrome research.
Our SOS community is growing and for those wishing to support SOS by becoming a Volunteer and hosting your own fundraising event – this page is for you!
- Are you are carrier of the CDH1 gene mutation, or do you know someone who is?
- Has the CDH1 gene mutation lead to Hereditary Diffuse Gastric Cancer (HDGC) in yourself, a member of your family or the family of a loved one?
- Have you or someone you know undergone a total gastrectomy (removal of the stomach) as a result of having a CDH1 gene mutation or HDGC?
- Do you worry that a child of yours or a child in your wider family will inherit the CDH1 gene mutation and be faced with the decision of whether or not to remove their stomach as the only form of prevention that presently ensures that they will not develop HDGC?
- Do you want scientists to research ways other than total gastrectomy to protect individuals with the gene mutation from getting HDGC?
If you can answer yes to any of these questions, then we invite you to become a Save Our Stomachs Volunteer by participating in SOS fundraising efforts.
Every dollar raised becomes part of the endowment fund which will provide core funding for The Centre for Translational Cancer Research to conduct long-term research into Hereditary Diffuse Gastric Cancer (HDGC), giving patients an option to live with their stomachs, and without stomach cancer.
Submit the SOS Volunteer form (located near the bottom of this page) if you want to become a Save Our Stomachs Volunteer.
Host your own fundraising event
- Set a goal
How much do you want to raise?
- Choose Event Type
— Bake Sale
— Car Wash
— Virtual Event
— Pledge Challenge
- Secure a Location, Date and Time
Spread the word on social media, post flyers* and get your community involved.
Submit your event’s earnings to the Save Our Stomach Campaign by visiting the donate page on our website.
Submit the Fundraising Event form (located near the bottom of this page) to get your event listed on our website.
Resources for SOS Fundraising
We have put together some materials for those of you who are planning SOS fundraising events of your own. We hope this is helpful to you!
Request a FREE event banner and 100 wristbands!
We are making a kit available for those of you hosting your own event. The kit includes a banner and 100 wristbands (photo coming soon). Simply request the SOS Fundraising Kit in the messages section when submitting your form (provide address to mail to if different from the organizer’s address provided on the form.
Yes! I want to be a SOS Volunteer!
Please complete and submit the form below to communicate your interest in becoming an SOS Volunteer. Let us know more about you and how you would like to become involved in SOS fundraising efforts.
I have a Fundraising Event Planned!
Already have your own Save Our Stomachs fundraising event planned? Great! Submit the form below and we will add your event information to our site! And check out our helpful printable materials in the section above.
* This information is in case we need to contact you for clarification regarding your event, it will NOT be included in your event listing unless you specifically ask us to include it.
The DLH Foundation supports the Charter of Save Our Stomachs with time and financial investments. The grassroots economic support we can provide here has a significant and meaningful impact on the futures of our CDH1 community. As a parent, you can imagine how difficult it is for us knowing we passed this gene on to our children, and we’re doing everything we can to save their stomachs and avoid a cancer diagnosis. We need and ask for your help to fund our initiative.
Our thanks to the DLH Foundation and Allison Gritton | Gritton Design for bringing this site to life.